Through her not-quite-carefully-edited-enough account, we follow the dread Tiny Cthulhu on his travels through mind-blasting vortexes of madness and adorableness on his way to rain inevitable and cuddly doom on a blissfully unsuspecting humanity.
...Sleep well, kids...
Welcome to the development blog for Tiny Cthulhu - a Lovecraftian 3D platform game for PC/Mac/Linux from new Indie developer THEORY32.
We're now at the playable demo stage, and we'd like to extend it into a full commercial game.
Keep an eye on the crowdsourcing sites - a fundraiser for the necessary money will be appearing shortly.
Some quick game design info:
1. While a 3D Platform game, it also contains third-person shooter elements (a la Ratchet and Clank)
2. Personally, I'm tired of games that are predominantly a muted grey-and-brownish colour ... I want this one to look like an explosion in a migraine factory.
...A radioactive migraine factory...
3. Haven't you always loved games with huge, sprawling levels to explore? (Yes. Yes, you have.)
Well, here we're aiming for unreasonably huge and sprawling (cyclopean, if you will...)
4. Personally, I'm a giant Lovecraft nerd, and don't want this to be yet another cheap rip on his work. All Mythos elements (i.e. everything) will be at least reasonably accurately (...if irreverently...) depicted.
5. Game locations include: The Dark Planet Vhoorl, Primal Chaos, The Ghooric Zone, Yuggoth, Pnakotus, R'lyeh, Modern Earth, and many more.
6. Nasties include: Yog-Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, Shoggoths, Mi-Go, The Great Race of Yith, Byakhee, Shub-Niggurath, The Haunter of the Dark, and many, many more.
Stay posted for more news/info/pictures/video shortly!